What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files containing a string of characters that can be placed on your computer or mobile device when you use a website or online service offered by DLL and which uniquely identify your browser or device.
Cookies allow DLL to know if your computer or device has visited that website before. Cookies can be used to help understand how the website is being used, to help you navigate between pages efficiently, to help remember your preferences, and to generally improve your browsing experience. Cookies can also help to ensure that marketing you see online is more relevant to you and your interests.
What types of cookies does DLL use?
The cookies that DLL and its partners use can be categorized as follows:
- Performance and analytics cookies: these cookies are used to allow us to track aggregate website usage, to optimize its performance, and to track and experiment with new features and changes on the website.
- Content sharing cookies: these cookies are used to allow you to ‘like’ or share features of our websites on social networks like LinkedIn and Twitter.
Overview of the cookies that our websites and service use:
- ASP.NET_SessionId: this session cookie is created as soon as a user accesses the site, deleted when the user leaves the site, not persistent.
- ASPXAUTH: used when accessing the part of this website which requires username and password authentication. This cookie determines that a user is logged in, deleted when the user logs out, this cookie not persistent.
- dll_cookie_hidden: this cookie is used to remember that the user has accepted cookies on our website. Persistent.
Performance and analytics cookies:
- SC_ANALYTICS_SESSION_COOKIE: To identify a sequence of HTTP requests from a single user, Sitecore sends an Engagement Analytics session cookie to the web client. This cookie expires when the user closes the Web client.
- SC_ANALYTICS_GLOBAL_COOKIE: To identify repeat visits from a single user, Sitecore sends a persistent session cookie to the web client. The persistent session cookie expires one year after the last page requested from the solution by the web client.
Other parties who have access to these cookies
Some of these cookies may be placed by parties other than DLL, and, as a result, organizations outside DLL may have access these cookies and the data collected with them. For example, targeting cookies may be placed by advertisers and/or advertising networks to deliver advertising, analytics cookies may be placed by providers of analytics tools, and content sharing cookies may be placed by providers of social networks. If you do not want these parties to place or read cookies, please adjust your settings accordingly.
Refuse all cookies
Do you not want to allow any cookies? You can switch them off or remove them at any time through the settings in your browser. This should be done on each browser and on each device you use to visit our website and services. If you disable all cookies, the DLL website may not be displayed properly and that you may lose some website functionality.
Amendment of the Cookie statement
DLL may amend and update this Cookie Statement without prior notice. We recommend that you consult the statement on a regular basis to keep informed of these changes.
(Version: 1.0; Date: April 1st, 2017)